Sunday, February 15, 2009

What are the Fragments?

What are the Fragments?
When was I started a school, I have this problem, but right now 50%. I knew my problem and I knew what I want to do in my sentence like subjective and verb, too. Even, last quarter I had this problem, I say to your men and women in my classmen are carefully these problems. A sentence fragment is an incomplete thought, or I can say, some thing may be missing verb and subjective, between though from the word group, it may simple be an incompletes thought, the fragments generally result from any one of two cases.
1- Luck of a subject
Shako planned her trip to America for a year. And religiously deposited ten percent of the earnings toward that goal

The second half of the example is a fragment, because the subject is missing.

CORRECTION, Shoko planned her trip to America for a year and religiously deposited ten percent of the earning toward that goal.
2- LUCK A VERB OR USE OF AN INCOMPLETE VERB
Denise planning to body-sit for her older sister.
This is a fragment because part of the verb is missing.
CORRECTTION- Denise is planning to body-sit for her older sister.
POENING WITH A SUBBODINATE CONJUNCTION AND CREATING AN INCOMPLETE
I reviewed my notes thoroughly. Before I took my math test.
The second half of the example is a fragment because it is an incomplete thought- even though it has a subject (I) and a verb (took). The fragment is broken off from the previous sentence.
Correction- I review my note thoroughly before I took my math test.

No comments:

Post a Comment